Parents, this is a reminder that Wednesday, January 26th, is one of the Teacher Professional Development Days which was already scheduled in our school calendar, and students will have an early release time. Buses will run their regular routes beginning at that time. Please make sure that you have made plans for your child(ren)
INTERMEDIATE STUDENTS WILL RELEASE AT 11:30
There will be no school on Monday, January 17th. We will see you back and ready to learn on Tuesday. Have a safe three-day weekend!
Our students have walked through the lost and found jackets for the last week during PE classes. We still have several jackets left and want to give you an opportunity to go through them before we do our semi-annual donation.
Lost and found items will be on the sidewalk ONE DAY ONLY – Wednesday, December 15th, and ONLY during the following times:
9:00 am to 1:00 pm
4:00 pm until early Thursday morning (7:00 am) PRIOR to DropOff Time
All items left unclaimed on Thursday morning, December 16th, will be donated.
White Oak Elementary
Students’ last day will be December 17th. The Christmas Break will run through January 3rd. Enjoy the time with your family, and we will see you again on Tuesday, January 4th!
Parents, please make note that students will have Early Dismissals on both Dec. 16th and Dec. 17th. Dismissal time will be 11:45 on each of these dates. Please be sure that you have made arrangements for your children.
4th Grade PLANTATION PINES CHRISTMAS TREE FARM FIELD TRIP!!
When: Monday, December 6th (we will be leaving at 8:45 am)
Where: 10098 CR 429, Tyler, TX 75704
Cost: $8 per student (Please send this by Friday, December 3)
What does a farm fun day look like?
The Plantation Pines field trip is from 10:00-12:15! During that time we will have groups split up and enjoy a storytime, hayride in the field, and games! Each station will be 25 minutes long with a 5 minute transition to allow us to sanitize after each group. We will have a picnic lunch and play on the playground.
Due to the safety of the children while on the farm, some parents may be asked to walk to the field, or sit on the floor on the hayride.
There is no charge for teachers or parents who come along to help supervise.
We have rescheduled our Storybook Character Dress Up Day for Monday, November 1st. This is not a party day but students will celebrate reading and books by dressing up as a favorite book character. Students will be allowed to wear “dress code appropriate” costumes to school. Students ARE NOT permitted to wear face or hair paint, blood or gore on costumes, or have scary masks and props. We want this to be a fun day for students, but we must keep it safe and appropriate for our youngest students.
Friday, September 17th – The Homecoming Pep Rally will take place at 2:00 at the Football Stadium.
- Parents may pick up Primary and Intermediate students at 1:15 if you would like to take your child to the Homecoming Pep Rally.
- If you would like your student to attend this pep rally, you must send a note to the child’s teacher. Students without a note will stay with their classroom teacher.
- Only students who have a note will be sent to the cafeteria at 1:15.
- Students will NOT be allowed to walk to the pep rally without an adult with them.
- Parents will NOT be allowed to park in the Elementary parking lot due to afternoon car pick up but MUST park on the blacktop area near the tennis courts and walk across Stadium Drive.
- Doors will remain locked until 1:15. Adults will enter through the main doors at the Elementary and sign their students out.
- Students not picked up by 1:40 will return to their classroom teacher.
Other Fun Homecoming Events For Your Family:
Friday, September 17th
- 6:00 – Homecoming Coronation Ceremony
- 7:30 – Football Game: White Oak vs. New Diana
Saturday, September 18th
- 7:30 Roughnecks Homecoming 5K Run
- 10:00 Roughneck Days Homecoming Parade – White Oak Road
- 9:00-3:00 Roughneck Days Arts and Crafts Show, lots of fun activities for the family, food trucks, etc.